Wednesday 3 September 2008

My Cornwall .... in dots

Just thought I would let you see something new I tried. Please feel free to leave any comments on what you think. Thank you Su x

This is one of my favourite ones of a round houe which can be found at Veryan.
Veryan is most famous for its nineteenth century thatched Round Houses There are five in all, two pairs of which stand at each end of the village and another in the centre. They were originally built by a missionary named Reverend Jeremiah Trist for his daughters. In a round house there are no corners where the devil can hide. A crucifix on the top of each one adds extra protection!




A engine house



This is a Celtic cross also found in Cornwall.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great drawings, I haven't been to cornwall for years but spent many happy hours down at Sennen. they have a round house too. I also love the stones by Lamorna, is it the Merry Maidens?
Different doing them in dots, you must have a lot of patience!

hazel said...

very nice Su and to do them in dots is even better you must have a lot of patience

Leanne said...

Wow these are fantastic!

Also, thank you for entering my blog candy draw - I have moved the finishing date to this Sunday (7th), at 8pm.

Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Su, I have answered on my blog about the camera but in case you don't get back to see my anwser it is a Konica/Minolta Dimage Z1, no longer available which is why I bought it off ebay...
Fridays fable isn't a blog, it is something that I do every week to provide people with a little inspiration. I choose both a painting and a poem every Friday. When I started it, I did it because some of my friends were running short of inspiration for their projects, so I told them to use a word or a thought that came into their minds after reading it. Some people now make things referring to it. But, I often include thoughts and feelings in it too, so that it provides a little inspiration for life :)
ChrissyX

Jane said...

Wow they are really great, I would love to be able to draw like that.

Jane

Abi Bundy said...

Great drawings!! wil have to go and see the real thing tomorrow as ong as it stays dry!! tfs. Abi